Lisa Neeld was on hand at Thursday’s Mahoning Valley Scrappers game to throw out the first pitch. Neeld has been in Playboy publications more than once and is currently promoting her barbecue sauce. I got Neeld to agree to answer some questions about the sport of baseball to test her knowledge. Kudos to Lisa for being a good sport, and here are the results.
- What is a double play? It’s where you get two outs at the same time, right?
- How does a relief pitcher qualify to earn a save? Um, wow, I don’t know, he just stands on the mound and looks cute?
- How many pitches should a good starting pitcher throw? 15.
- What is a good batting average foe a baseball player? Three Hundred.
- Who is the manager of the Cleveland Indians? Manny Actin.
- Who is the greatest home run hitter to play the game of baseball? Babe Ruth, I love the Babe.
- What is it called when an outfielder throws the ball home and the catcher tags the runner out? An out?
- If a man is on first and tries to steal second but gets caught, what is it called? An unlucky play.
- Here are three types of pitches: A knucleball, a slider, and a curveball, name another: A fastball?
Thanks again, Lisa, you could have missed them all and nobody would have noticed, but you did well!